What New Zealand films are out there?
New Zealand has featured in several big budget movie productions. Perhaps the most famous of these is the Lord of the Rings trilogy, which was filmed entirely in New Zealand. Our Ultimate North trip passes through many of the areas that doubled as Middle Earth during the production of the three films. The following films/series were also filmed in New Zealand.
Worth seeing (most recent releases first)
What New Zealand books are out there?
- The following list will introduce you to some of New Zealand’s best authors and their favourite books.
- Mister Pip, Lloyd Jones
- Owls Do Cry, Janet Frame
- An Angel at my Table, Janet Frame
- The Garden Party, Katherine Mansfield
- Plumb, Maurice Gee
- Blindsight, Maurice Gee
- The Bone People, Keri Hulme
- Tu, Patricia Grace
- Potiki, Patricia Grace
- That Summer, Frank Sargeson
- Penguin History of New Zealand, Michael King
- Te Puea, Michael King
- Once Were Warriors, Alan Duff
- Sing to Me, Dreamer, Shonagh Koea
- Pounamu, Pounamu, Witi Ihimaera
- Tangi, Witi Ihimaera
- The Book of Fame, Lloyd Jones
- Harlequin Rex, Owen Marshall
- The Life of Captain Cook, James Beaglehole
- The Haunting, Margaret Mahy